5 Tips to Optimize Your Jewelry Listings on eBay
Amy | On 28, Aug 2015
There are numerous types of items on eBay. Different items require different categories and listings. And since jewelries are very successful on eBay, today, we are going to share 5 tips for optimizing jewelry listings for jewelers on eBay!
- Use attractive titles – As in everywhere else around the world, titles play a crucial role in attracting consumers. The more attractive your title is, the bigger the chance for your item to sell is. On eBay, titles are the main element for bringing your item in searching, eBay also allows you to use up to 80 characters in your title. So, be creative with it.
Example of attractive titles: Adorable briolette necklaces, flirty accessories, casual bracelets/necklaces, genuine pearl/ ruby necklaces or even glitzy necklaces.
- Use efficient keywords – eBay by default takes the title of your item and uses it as key words, the good news is you can change them or add keywords based on occasions like Christmas, Mother’s Day Necklaces, and Valentine LOVE bracelets and so on. This is going to help you customers find your items easier.
- Unique description – A good item description builds the confidence in your buyers for the respective product. A good description must be unique, so avoiding spams might be a good idea. Be sure you use complete sentences and correct spelling and grammar. Avoid saying anything that is not true about your item. Avoid adding pictures in your description (pictures are to be added in the “listings” field).
- Relevant picture sizes – eBay requires a minimum length of 500 pixels. But what we advise you, is to upload photos that range from 800 – 1600 pixels (high resolution), this automatically enables the zoom/enlarge feature, which gives a more detailed view to your customers, thus increasing the chance for them to purchase it!
Things to avoid using in photos: Watermark policy, text or artwork on photos and borders on photos.
- Appropriate item specifics – Item specifics are NOT mandatory on eBay, but they are extremely important. Item specifics include information like item’s colour, size and etc. Make sure that your item’s specifics fit perfectly the requirements for the category. The specifics are extremely important because they optimize your listings even more.
We hope you find these tips useful! If we’ve missed something out, feel free to add it in the comment box below.