Magento: Why Choose This Platform
Amy | On 10, Sep 2015
Magento. The most reliable ecommerce platform, which has been chosen by more than 200,000 merchants internationally. Magento was first created and released in 2008, and rapidly became one of the biggest ecommerce platforms on the market. Somewhere in 2011, Magento was acquired by eBay.
To begin with, we are going to present to you the 2 versions of Magento:
- Magento Enterprise – is the premium version. It offers a huge range of functionality, which increases value to enterprise level merchants. Due to its wide range of features, this version of Magento is aimed towards high-level enterprises.
- Magento Community – is the free version. The Community version of Magento is used by the majority of Magento users, it also has great features and is appropriate for many retailers.
Both Magento Community and Enterprise versions, happen to benefit from Magento Connect. Magento Connect is something like Play Store or Apple Store, basically it has millions of free and paid features for third-party module or extensions to provide additional functionalities to your stores.
Now that you know the versions of the Magento platform, we can move on to why it is the best platform, and why you should start using it.
- Developer following
The greatest advantage of using Magento rather than any other ecommerce platform (specifically when it comes to premium ones) is the enormous universal developer following it has. This grants a lot of value, as many of the common issues and errors faced are documented on several blogs and forums, which end up helping many store owners in overcoming their issues.
Magento’s Community version is great, because it is highly scalable and the best part is that it’s appropriate for vendors of all sizes. Since E-Motive works with Magento, our team has seen companies switch from the Enterprise version to the Community one, and they end up with equal satisfaction.
There are so many different solutions, which Magento integrates well with, that retailers can inevitably grow with the help of any third-party software, which can completely integrate with the platform.
- Magento has an open source code
Another major benefit for using Magento is that it’s open source. This means it is quite flexible for developers, it is more approachable and more secure (all in terms of cost).
- Magento can be SEO friendly
E-Commerce platforms are not specifically great for SEO, because in many cases the content is duplicated. But Magento can be improved by its internal settings or with free/paid extensions.
Good news is, Magento covers the main components of SEO, like for instance Meta content or canonical tag, search-friendly URLs and redirecting functionality and the list goes on.
- Great variety of functions and features
The features and functions Magento offers is beyond your imagination. It is filled with all kinds of functionalities and has everything you need in order to successfully run your ecommerce shop. Furthermore, Magento grants you a flexible product catalogue, which can be built into a product feed.
Here are some of the Magento features (included in Community version):
- Multi-store ( it allows you to conquer all the stores you own, through one platform)
- Multi-view (same store different languages)
- Content Management System (CMS)
- Advanced shipping method and integration with couriers
- Multiple image per product and flexible tags
And that is why we at E-Motive Online became experts in Magento. We always strive in providing the best quality of websites and e-stores to our clients made in the shortest amount of time, leaving them completely satisfied. If you feel like adding any comment, please feel free to do so in the comment box below.